This is an overview of how administrators can add new caregivers to their dashboards.
Step 1: Log into your admin dashboard via go.careacademy.com.
Step 2: Navigate to the top right corner of your screen, below your username, and select the "Add Caregiver" button.
Step 3: Enter the required information for the new caregiver.
NOTE: The required information may vary depending on your state's requirements. You can learn more about why we ask for these details here: Onboarding: Details for Bulk Caregiver Import
- The phone number field is not a mandatory field; however, CareAcademy recommends inputting the caregiver's mobile number in order to ensure they receive text message reminders.
- Organizations located in California must enter their caregiver's HCA date and Registration ID in order for it to appear on their training logs.
- All organizations can select whether the new caregiver is enrolled in the initial and/or annual training curriculum associated with your dashboard. If the caregiver needs to take his or her annual training right away, select "Yes" on Annual Training Past Due.
- You have the option to select the role type of the new caregiver from the dropdown menu. You can also enter the caregiver's license number, if applicable. This information will appear on your caregiver's training log.
- You will have the option to select the Caregiver Group here. When the caregiver is created, they will be assigned with the Curriculum Track assigned to the Caregiver Group selected.
- Prior to creating the caregiver profile, you will have the chance to preview the total number of classes that the caregiver will be enrolled in and when the classes will be enrolled.
Step 4: Select the "Create" button to add the caregiver to your dashboard. You can edit a caregiver's information at any time after their account is created. Once added, the caregiver will automatically receive a welcome email and text message.
CareAcademy will only use caregiver information to register your caregivers for classes and to remind them about training when they have classes due soon. For more information on what type of messages your caregivers receive, please click here.
Check out our help video for more details about Adding a New Caregiver.