CareAcademy's Curriculum Management tool allows dashboard admins the ability to establish an initial and/or annual curriculum to be assigned to every caregiver associated with the respective dashboard.
When your CareAcademy dashboard is being created, it is automatically populated with the CareAcademy recommended curriculum for the state in which your agency is located. This curriculum will take into account any compliance mandates that need to be followed, if applicable.
What we're going to cover in this article:
- Adding classes to your training curriculum
- Removing classes from your training curriculum
- Advanced options for your annual curriculum
- Publishing your curriculum
Editing your Training Curriculum
Step 1: Select the desired curriculum tab you wish to edit (Initial or Annual). If you need assistance navigating to the Curriculum Management page, please visit our Curriculum Management 101 article.
Step 2: Select the "Add Classes" button. Upon selection, the CareAcademy Class Catalog will appear.
Step 3: Locate the desired classes to be added to the curriculum.
- Classes can be located in the following ways:
- Searching by keyword
- Searching by topic utilizing the drop-down menu
Step 4: Select the "+ Add" button.
- It's important to note that selecting the "+Add" button does not automatically add a class to the curriculum. The Publish button must be selected in order to make the curriculum change go into effect.
If you're interested in learning about how to add a multi-year plan for your annual curriculum, please navigate here --> insert link
Step 1: Select the desired curriculum tab you wish to edit (Initial or Annual).
Step 2: Select the option to expand to see more details about the desired class you wish to remove.
Step 3: Select the "Remove Class" button.
It's also possible to remove classes via the Class Catalog. As seen in the above screenshot, if a class is already within your curriculum there will be an option to "Remove."
Curriculum Advanced Options
The Curriculum Management tool allows for dashboard admins to customize settings for the annual training bundle and can be accessed by selecting the following button:
Upon selection, you'll see the following options:
Let's dive deeper into what those options entail:
Annual Due Date - What will determine a caregiver's due date?
- Hire date - The annual curriculum will be due on the anniversary of a caregiver's hire date each year.
- If your agency is located in a state without training compliance mandates, this will appear as "One year since caregiver's last training completion." It's important to note that this is dynamic. For example, let's consider a caregiver whose training is due on June 1st, but they complete their training on March 2nd of that year. The caregiver will have a due date of March 2nd for the following year.
- Single universal due date - The annual curriculum will be due on the same date each year for every caregiver.
Training Schedule - When will each caregiver be enrolled in their annual training classes?
- Enroll right away - Caregivers will have their annual curriculum classes available to them immediately after they pass their initial curriculum classes (up to 12 months before their annual training due date).
- Enroll 60 days before - Caregivers' annual curriculum classes will be made available to them 60 days prior to the due date.
Publishing Your Curriculum
Once you have built the initial and annual curriculum to your liking, you must select the "Publish" button in order to publish these changes to your dashboard. This button should be selected on both the initial and annual curricula pages separately once each curriculum is determined.
New caregivers will receive this curriculum when added to the dashboard. Pre-existing caregivers will receive updates to their respective curricula if they have not yet started the curricula or if they are in progress of completing it.
How can I be sure that my curriculum is within compliance?
If applicable, your CareAcademy dashboard has your state training requirements built in to ensure that your training program is state approved. To learn more about this, please navigate here.