Customizing enrollment settings for the annual curriculum track is included in the Professional and Business package.
Not subscribed to these packages? For more information, contact our Customer Success team.
The Curriculum Management tool allows admins to create the initial and annual training bundle assigned to each caregiver added to their CareAcademy dashboard. There are advanced options to customize these bundles even further.
Step 1: Log in to your dashboard via go.careacademy.com
Step 2: Select the "Curriculum" tab in the upper-left-hand corner. Upon navigation, select the "Due Date Settings" button
Upon selection, you'll view customization options for your initial and annual training bundles, respectively: Let's dive deeper into what those entail:
Initial Training Due Date - It is possible to establish a rule that will automatically set your caregiver's initial training due date to a set number of days after being added to the dashboard. For example:
- Let's say that you set a rule for initial training to be due 7 days after being added to the dashboard.
- If you were to add a caregiver to the dashboard on July 30th, their initial training due date would be August 6th.
Single Annual Due Date - What will determine a caregiver's due date?
- Hire / Registration date - The annual curriculum will be due on the anniversary of a caregiver's hire date each year.
- If your agency is in a state without training compliance mandates, this will appear as "One year since caregiver's last training completion." It's important to note that this is dynamic. For example, let's consider a caregiver whose training is due on June 1st, but they complete their training on March 2nd of that year. The caregiver will have a due date of March 2nd for the following year.
- Single due date every year for everyone - The annual curriculum will be due on the same date each year for every caregiver.
Annual Training Schedule
This allows you to set the schedule when caregivers are enrolled in the Annual Training courses.
Step 1: From the Curriculum page, go to the Annual Training tab by clicking "Annual Training".
Step 2: Click the "Annual Schedule" button.
- Immediately after initial training - Caregivers will be enrolled in the Annual Training courses as soon as they finish their initial training courses. If a caregiver is not required to take the initial training, they will be enrolled in the annual training courses immediately.
- 60 days before training due date - The Annual Training courses will NOT be accessible to caregivers until 60 days before their due date.
example: If the Annual Training due date is set to Dec 30 for a caregiver, the caregiver will be enrolled in the Annual Training courses on October 31.
- Spread out through the year - Caregivers will be enrolled in a set number of Annual Training courses on the desired frequency. The enrollments happen automatically at the start of the month.
example: If the Annual Training schedule is set to enroll caregivers in 3 courses every 2 months, the caregivers will only be enrolled in 3 new courses every two months.
Note: If more courses remain in the Annual Training bundle as a caregiver nears their due date, the caregiver will be enrolled in all the remaining courses on their final monthly schedule before the Annual Training due date.