CareAcademy is closely monitoring developments and guidelines regarding COVID-19 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and other local and national health organizations. Our priority is that we are a reliable source of information and support for you and your staff.
Not a CareAcademy customer? Our COVID-19: A Guide for Direct Care Workers is available for free. Please click here to learn more.
CareAcademy currently offers the following COVID-19 resources:
- COVID-19: A Guide for Direct Care Workers - This CareAcademy class will provide direct care workers with relevant information on the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Direct care workers will learn to:
- Describe COVID-19, its symptoms, the people most at risk of serious illness from it, and how it is transmitted.
- Identify reliable sources of information about COVID-19.
- Apply strategies for reducing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Describe tactics for providing care to someone who has COVID-19.
- Suggest strategies for self-care for direct care workers during the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- Use of Masks for COVID-19: Guidance for Direct Care Workers - Direct care workers will learn the following in this CareAcademy class:
- Identify reliable sources of information about the use of masks during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Explain the difference between a facemask (surgical mask) and an N95 respirator.
- Describe how to don (put on) a facemask and an N95 respirator.
- Describe how to doff (remove) a facemask and an N95 respirator.
- Additional Recommended CareAcademy Classes:
- Maintaining a Clean & Healthy Environment (Infection Control)
- Light Housekeeping
- Observation, Reporting, and Documentation (Parts 1-3)
- Staying Safe During the Coronavirus Outbreak blog post - Madhuri Reddy, MD, CareAcademy's Chief Medical Officer, has written a blog post about COVID-19 that addresses commonly asked questions. CareAcademy will be updating this blog post as more information is released. Click here to navigate to the blog post.
- Webinars - CareAcademy will be hosting webinars around COVID-19, including our COVID-19 Panel: How to Prepare Your Agency on March 24th. Click here to view our upcoming webinars and watch recordings of past webinars.