Yes, CareAcademy offers continuing education (CE) courses for administrators! The CE courses carry NAB (National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards) approval, which states accept as an approved accrediting body for administrator training.
In this article:
What does the content library contain?
Continuing education for home care, home health, and other long-term care administrators:
80 hours of NAB-approved courses
48 course titles
- Each class has a NAB Approved CEU topic tag.
- Satisfy Texas HCSSA requirements for administrator and alternate administrator
- Meet requirements for Colorado and Oklahoma Home Care administrator continuing
Courses cover a broad range of relevant topics, including:
Healthcare and medical ethics
Infection control and standard precautions
Leadership and management principles, including conducting performance appraisals
Training on client-specific conditions, such as stroke, depression, COPD
What does the content look like?
All text-based, easy-to-read articles
Courses range from 1 to 6.5 contact hours each
Each course contains a final exam (70% score to pass)
After passing a course, the admin receives a certificate of completion
What approvals does the content hold?
National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) approval/accredited, which means it’s accepted by state boards as an approved option for admin CE.
- After completing a course, administrators will receive a certificate of completion that can be
used toward their continuing education license renewal requirement.
How do I gain access to these classes?
- CareAcademy's Admin CEU classes are included in the Complete and Home Health packages. These two packages will have two Admin CEU seats included.
- Admin CEU classes are available to purchase as an add-on for our Basic, Essentials, and Dementia Care packages. Organizations also have the ability to add more administrator seats to their Complete and Home Health Packages.
- Important: The Admin CEU seat will be unique to a specific administrator for one whole year. After a year, another administrator may use the seat for continuing education.
- To take Admin CEU classes after you have access, please view the following articles: